31 January 2011

Preliminary Task - Editing and Finished Task

Editing, like both the planning and filming, has gone remarkably well. I had no prior experience with Adobe Premiere Pro but I found it relatively easy to use once I was shown the basics. After experimenting for a while with various transitions and effects, we got down to choosing the best sections from each take and linking them together. It was around this point that we saw that the footage could be changed to black and white, which we decided to use as this made the film seem more stylish and add a dark tone. It also helped solve aesthetic problems such as the exterior door we used being a bright red colour, which otherwise would have looked incongruous. I also discovered that the speed could be slowed down which we decided to use as we both agreed that it added a stylistic effect and made it seem more professional. Vicente managed to source some music in his spare time, which I think sounds great and really adds to the suspenseful, mysterious feel of the clip. Overall, I think that the whole process of the preliminary task has been a useful and rewarding one. It has enabled me to improve my skills in filming and editing and I now feel confident about the thriller task.

Below is the final edit of the Preliminary Task:

No comments:

Post a Comment