28 March 2011

Re-Editing

For my re-editing, I integrated the re-filmed clips and the doorbell sound effect into my film. I also decided to change the music. However, I did not want to find another piece of music as I think the one I already had works well, and I think that two different pieces of music could possibly clash. Therefore, I experimented a bit with the music until eventually I slowed the music down by 50% for the first part. The music is now slower and sounds less dramatic whilst still keeping the mysterious tension that the original music had. I added in an audio transition which I think makes the transition to the original, fast-paced music at the end of the clip quite smooth and not too noticeable. I have also added a small fade-out at the very end of the clip. I think that this is better than just ending abruptly as it is more smooth and professional.




1 - I slowed down the speed of music by 50%. This makes it sound more moody and suspenseful and stops it sounding too fast-paced when it does not need to be.


2 - This is a small transition to switch between the two audio clips smoothly.


3 - This is the doorbell sound effect. As there are multiple audio tracks, it allows me to have both the sound effect and the music playing at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment