15 February 2011

Planning - Brainstorming




Brainstorming proved to be a somewhat mixed bag. I initially came up with four ideas which I believed to be quite creative and which also fit into the thriller conventions. However, when I thought about these ideas further, each one had potential problems. In the end, I decided to go with the idea of a person going about their morning routine who is set up as being the protagonist. At the end of the sequence, this person is shown murdering someone and therefore is not the protagonist and instead the villain of the movie. I chose this idea because it will be quite easy to produce yet it also, in my opinion, has an interesting twist and is therefore fairly original. Out of the four ideas, I believe it is the one that will look the least amateur, as with the others, I was being perhaps too ambitious, and without the correct resources, they could end up looking poor. I also think that the sequence could be part of a larger movie as the remainder of the movie would show the detectives tracking down the serial killer.



No comments:

Post a Comment